Thursday, October 16, 2008

How did this happen?

So. I said I would do a little background, and so I will. Sit down and get comfortable, this might take a little while. 

Previously, on Homeless in MI, I chattered about growing up in the cutest little shape of a mitten state in the good old U.S. of A.
... This is not a bragging right at all, I assure you. For as long as I can remember, I've really wanted to escape this state. Sure, as a kid I had delusions of adequacy and ideas about how I would make 250,000$ per year, but I'm finding that Reality has given me a little upgrade to my thought process. Recently, my plan was to buy a house for fairly cheap (75 Large), fix it up over a 5 year period, so the housing market would be on a (hopeful) upswing, and then sell it for what I paid, plus what I put in. The money I'd get out would pay for a relocation, plus a few months to get on my feet without having to worry about having a job lined up.

This was Homeless' plan, and a glorious plan it was. He bought the house, started fixing it up with some windows, a little paint here and there, even tossed in a new furnace. But then.... tomfoolery abounded! Slacker assclowns aka THIEVES robbed Homeless. Three times no less! 

.... Right, so the first time was just for a crummy lawn mower, but still! Three robberies, including two physical break-ins later, and Homeless thought maybe this hotshot plan wasn't so hot, and instead was a black hole into all of his time, money, and sanity was being sucked into faster than the Spears sisters were dropping off crotchfruit into our midst. 

So Homeless fled his house, leaving behind dog fur and trash, and proceeded to move into his current residence -- a small third floor flat in an unnamed complex. Its not as roomy, or as convenient, but he's not getting robbed either. 

So now here we are. A brief introduction into how I got to where I am. I'm probably about 90% moved in, and maybe 60% unpacked. Still some of my assorted life belongings floating about between houses and apartments, but I'll wrangle it all soon.


Where to from here. I don't really know. I think thats what I was saying this blog is all about. I'm hoping that sooner or later I'll make a plan that doesn't get flushed down the cosmic john, and maybe I'll even figure out what I want to be when I grow up. Still holding out for superhero... but that's been a long time coming. Blasted radio active spiders never show up when needed.

I have internet now in the apartment, so it won't be  a huge hassle to update this thing, but I'm keeping this post short. I've got a truckton of work to do for my job, and I have yet to start, so I'd best get cracking or else I really will be homeless. 

Take care of yourself.
~Homeless

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Alright! I figured out how to comment. So your diatribe into the fathomless unknown will be accompanied by my vacuous comments! Embrace the maelstrom of your undoing!

P.S: Apparently I can use my google account for my identity, score

Unknown said...

jessica linked you facebook. i like your writing style man. makes me chuckle.

take care

Anonymous said...

...crotchfruit...glorious!

Anonymous said...

So.. buy low, sell lower? Strange investment strategy!