Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Crickets and bad excuses

My excuse is a cricket. A chirpy cricket made me not post.

Not a good excuse at all, but at least it isn't lame. 

Actually, a whole lotta stuff has been going on, and I think it'll be rather cathartic to type it all out, so to speak.

So, where to begin. I'll begin by letting this sit for a second while I go fold laundry. Don't run away blog. (Yeah, like that can really happen.)

Ok. So 17 minutes later, I'm back at it. And have far more clean underwear. Spectacular. 
Right. So I've been busy, and I'm just gonna spew out a lot of different things in no particular order, because honestly, days seem to just blur into one big mush pile of crazy events. 

First off, Homeless needs a new damn phone. I'll put a picture of this piece of crap... 
<=== prolly right here. As you can see, I'm upset at my Palm. The keyboard is being jenky as crap, keys are dying, it doesn't ring all the time, random system freezes and lockups, plus it just pisses me off how big it is.

Hopefully Homeless will find a good Christmas season deal, and get himself a hot new phone.

Anyway, now that those shenanigans are mentioned, mainly because I got a phone call while typing, we can get on to other items.

First, I'd probably like to chatter about a visitor I had for a while. One of Homeless' near and dear old friends came by to town, and actually stuck around for about 5 days straight, which was pretty sweet. Whenever this friend comes by, Homeless feels a bit better about how things are going, because hell -- if you are able to keep a friend from childhood for damn near 19 or so years, life aint too bad. 
Anyways, hanging out with Childhood, since Homeless is omitting names, was pretty slick. Childhood mentioned he could probably hook Homeless up with a pad and maybe even a job in DC if he can get his certs in order. 
Certs meaning certifications. Industry certifications to be precise. Now a lot of employers view certifications as a be all end all form of knowledge proof, and will hire or fire based on them. Others could care less if you've got a massive certification that cost you 3 large. And still others balance them with degrees.

Above all, of course, Experience is still king. King of all and the ruler of your resume. Thankfully, I've got a pretty decent resume when it comes to IT experience, it will get me a sit down meeting, but I need to have a lot more knowledge to get any type of money. 

It's kind of a hard realization that you don't know shit. Absolutely nothing. Sucks. 6 years of managing an office's IT solutions. 5 years of academic support and desktop knowledge. Countless tests, a wall of certifications, two degrees. Jack and crap for high level knowledge. The business degree lets me package and sell that crap enough to get an interview, but I frankly don't know enough for the jobs I want.

So I'll learn it. I'll get better. The only person who can do it is me, so I'm gonna do it.

I bought those courtside seats. I'll be honest right here, because this blog will probably get me in trouble with a girl I've shacked up with. I don't know what I want out of the experience with the Accountant. But I do have a date with her, and I damn well like hanging out with her, so I'm gonna do it.

Its weird how I feel about this. This girl, I'll call her Pixie. She's pretty cool. Nice girl. Helps around my place just... because I guess. Its a different experience really. I like her fine too, and regular sex with someone who likes having sex with you is damn satisfying. I just don't know what expectations are. I'm not a definitions kinda guy. I also don't want a relationship. Not yet.
I'm really not a girlfriend kinda guy. I don't know if I'm gonna be for a long time. A steady shack up? Sure. Exclusive to one person? Ok. I'm cool with that too. Healthier and safer, plus it makes things simple. But I'm not looking for anything long term. I mean... Childhood's offer is tempting. I want 70 grand a year. I want a life I can be proud of. I want that job.

The Californian's offer is tempting to. I loved San Francisco. LOVED it. It was a spectacular city, and I think I'd love getting lost in it. Wandering around in the fog, 60 degree days and the east bay. I loved every second of it, even when I got too drunk, or depressed.

Either way, I don't want to be in Michigan... and I'm not looking to move across country WITH someone. I don't want someone to relocate. And I don't want to relocate with someone. I need that fresh start. A city where hardly anyone knows me? Count me in. No judgment, no lies, no unspoken truths. Just a fresh start, even if I'm dirt poor. Even if I sell everything I own, and just start fresh...

I need it. 

I guess that's why I started this whole blog eh? To figure that out? I suppose I'm leaning towards moving, and definitely needing to continue my schooling, just independently this time. I might audit a class at the college, or two, and use them as dedicated study tools. I could knock out a security + certification as well as an MCP in a semester, which isn't too bad, then maybe try for my CCNA over the summer. I think with those 4 certs I could take Childhood's offer, or get something in Silicon Valley...

Like I said before, I'm thinking I'll probably get in trouble with Pixie over this blog, but maybe not. Its not like I'm seeing the Accountant at all, we are just friends, and Pixie and I haven't really had a talk yet. Its kind of nice we haven't needed one yet. Definitions are binding, tie downs. I don't like those anymore... But I have had a lot of fun with Pixie, so if she reads this, she can know that too.

Hang on, I think another laundry load is done, and I need to swap this DVD and find a driver for a machine I'm working on...
Wrong on both counts. I hate when a driver is not available online. Useless when something like that happens. Hopefully this client has a CD for this desktop, because then it'll be a moot point.

I haven't really cleaned up my old house yet. I guess I'm putting it off. I've needed to make a choice about it. I really need to get on it. Maybe this Saturday. Hopefully this Saturday. Maybe I'll get super duper motivated and Prime my living room and the back room I just painted. Priming two rooms would be pretty cool. I'll also try to sand the rest of the back room floor and the trim. Good stuff. 

I also managed to get a lot more hours at work, which is good because I certainly have a lot of bills with two rent payments to make. I'll have a decent paycheck until mid December, which is good.

Man this is a rambling ass entry, even for me. I'm also thinking I'm gonna end it here. We've gone from My phone sucking, to old friends, to school, to women and moving, to bills sucking. I guess thats productive. I'm not up for mentioning updates on the CRIME aspects of life, so I think that'll be a later one? Maybe in a few days, or maybe on Saturday after I rock the house at the house. I guess we'll all see. Throw a shout out for luck.

Take care of yourself.
~Homeless

No comments: